Monday, March 25, 2013

An Unexpectedly Delightful Saturday

So all last week, Joey and I had been looking forward to our monthly trip that we'd be taking on Saturday to the temple in Columbia. Its a great chance to take a step back from life and kind of....recalibrate our minds and spirits. Going to the temple helps us better get through some of the things life can send our way.

Well, as we started to make our way to the temple in the drizzling rain, we noticed that the traffic near our home was significantly thicker for a saturday afternoon. And, after a little research, we realized that the Color Me Rad run that had taken place five minutes away had just ended. So, thanks to the color run and the resulting traffic, we got so far behind that we never would've made it to our scheduled session at the temple which unfortunately, was the last session for the day. 

I will admit, I was pretty upset that we weren't going to make it. I had been excited to go all week and I knew that I really needed to be there to help me and prepare me for the coming weeks. But after rescheduling our trip for this Friday and coming up with a new plan for the rest of the afternoon, Joey and I ended up having a quiet, cuddly, just as wonderful Saturday at home.

We decided that on our cozy, rainy Saturday we would make some paninis, one of our favorite things that we hadn't made in quite a while---I'd also like to add that this required us to make a stop at the local walmart (which we haven't stepped foot in for over two months) for bread while still in our church clothes, and we were asked why we were so dressed up.....

Oh. So good.

And apparently, neither of us were in the mood to take some sincere photos.

With the addition of a couple movies, homemade chocolate peanut butter cookies, a little impromptu dancing in the kitchen, and some cuddling with our Remy and Marley, it turned out to be such a great Saturday with my love and best friend. 

And while I'm on the subject----
Guys, Joey is the greatest and I love being married to him. From some of the comments and messages I've received I feel like there's some concern out there that, because I'm frustrated and sometimes very upset about this infertility thing and not being able to conceive right now, that people think I'm completely oblivious to the blessing it is to have Joey and to be married to him, that I'm ungrateful for an amazing husband. Just because both of us want a baby and I struggle with the fact that things aren't going the way we had planned, doesn't mean that I completely forget about my husband and how loving and kind he is. I know that its a blessing to have him in my life. I don't know what I'd do without him or our marriage, especially at a time like this. He gets me through so much and I can't imagine my life without him. I hold on to those special days like Saturday that we get together and I'm so grateful for every moment I get to spend with him. So don't worry about that, friends. We are so happy with each other, and though we have been married a short time, we are stronger than ever and its only getting better. 

All right, enough of the mushy gushy-----have a great Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. your honesty is refreshing.
    You guys make a gorgeous couple. What a great blog x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...