Tuesday, January 24, 2012

the Weekend: Pho + Frozen Yogurt

Let me tell you what, I had been looking forward to Saturday all week--and even though I've been sick for two weeks, I made sure I was healthy enough for this day! We planned a day to Roanoke so I could buy fabric to make my dress for Midwinter Formal at VMI, he could get running shoes, and we could both enjoy Pho and spring rolls at Pho Saigon. And to top it off, we could use our Groupon for frozen yogurt at the Yogurt Cafe.


Again, if you haven't had Pho....well you need to. Its been one of Joey's favorites since he was a teenager and I'm so glad he introduced it to me. It's the best feel-better food out there--totally kicks chicken noodle soup's butt. 


Since the Groupon was $12 of frozen yogurt for $6, and it was just the two of us, we went a little crazy and got three different combinations to try. 1: cake batter and cookies and cream, with sprinkles, granola, and butterscotch. 2: cheesecake with blueberries, strawberries, cherries, and granola. 3: chocolate and peanut butter with health, caramel, and hot fudge. 





And the mess.

And yes, we realize that it was a saturday and we said no sugar except for sundays, but we made a special exception since I had a coupon, and we just made up for it by not having tons of sugar on sunday, so its still only one sugar day for the week!

Despite still having a cough, it was a delightful day. And! I ended up finding shoes to wear with my wedding dress (which my mom is bringing down on Saturday!!) and we got to play with an adorable (yet somewhat manic) Papillon at the pet store. Hooray for fun dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...