Tuesday, January 24, 2012

For the Peanuts: About Me Drawing

Our first project in Art for the Young Child at the beginning of the semester was to write our name and incorporate the letters into drawings of things that tell about ourselves. My professor explained that this is great for kids to do in new group settings to break the ice and introduce themselves, and it also gets the creative juices flowing. Then as a group, the kids can talk about their drawing. I included things like VMI and the Navy (for Joey), utensils - because we like to cook and eat, scotland, dance shoes and music, a dachshund, and a needle and thread.


I just used an ink pen, but obviously having the little ones incorporate color by using crayons or colored pencils would be great. And I have to say, even as an adult, this was a lot of fun and it was interesting thinking about things that I would share about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...