Monday, March 5, 2012

A Little Color


Its snowing right now. Its March 5th, the start of spring break. And its snowing. 
And I don't like it.
It only makes it feel like Spring will never come, which means our wedding will never come. 

So, to cheer myself up, I thought I'd post something I love: flamingoes from a Spring trip to the National Zoo. How charming are they? I just love 'em.

------------

In other thoughts, I can't get this dream of mine out of my head. World, when I grow up, I want to be a graphic designer. I mean I really want to be a designer. When I think about all of the classes I've taken and the jobs I've tried, design is the one thing I keep coming back to. I never get sick of it; each project is different. I can do it from home and can have a family at the same time.
I've been trying to design for people whenever I can, branching out from the Travel Study and Ballet Company work to designing wedding invitations and prints for friends, but sometimes I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I mean, I've been painting for 10 years and I feel like I'm starting to get a decent grasp on that, but design? I feel like I'm at square one. Sometimes I make something and I think 'shoot, this looks pretty good!'. But then I look at design blogs and I realize how far behind I am. I feel like I'm having to relearn how to be creative.
My plan is to design like crazy this summer and just keep practicing; I really want to do freelance design work, maybe design invitations and wedding and event products. Hopefully I can learn more and really get this off the ground. It makes me nervous and excited and a little confused, but quite hopeful. I feel like I've really found something that I'm passionate about and can do for a long time without getting sick of it.

So, here's to following your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...