Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DIY Chandelier Refashion

In deciding how I wanted my engagement photos to look, I was inspired by things like this:


I knew I wanted to have some kind of fixture hanging from a tree for my engagement photos, (which Brinn of BMW Photography is taking on saturday!), so I headed to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and found this beauty.

I took her home, dusted her off, and got rid of the rusty chain and wires.

After four coats of white spray paint, she was ready to get a little more oomph.

VoilĂ ! It is nothing like the fancy chandeliers I've seen all over the wedding blogs lately, but it'll fit our style and will look really neat hanging from the beautiful autumn trees.

The break down:
  • Light fixture: $5
  • spray paint: $.86
  • pearl strands: $6
Total: $11.86
Not too bad for a photo prop that I can use again at my reception in May huh?

1 comment:

  1. amazing!! I need to keep my eye out for a chandelier....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...