Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Made a Movie.

All right friends.

So for a while now, I've been wanting to make more family videos---I just love all of the old VHS tapes we have from when we were itty-bittys. You know the ones! And I thought that having some little movies could add to our memory preserving efforts. Obviously I love using photos to document our life, but there's something about old movies--seeing people walk and move and talk and interact. It brings more life and context to a two dimensional, still image. And I want to preserve that for our family. So while we were in Boston I tried to take short videos of various places and activities to compile in a family movie.

Now, I'm no.....I don't know, who's a great film maker? Well I'm not them. This ain't no Oscar winning work of genius. I don't entirely know what I'm doing with the filming and the music and the whatnot.  In fact, I kind of feel like a little kid, exited and still nervous to show mommy my new drawing. But this little project is important to me and I want to get better at it. So I'm swallowing my pride (and some self consciousness and embarrassment) and debuting my first official home movie to remember our trip to Boston.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...