Wednesday, November 28, 2012

24

Hooray, I'm 24!

And yesterday was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. I wasn't really looking forward to my birthday during the weeks prior, what with being away from family and my good friends in VA and all. But actually it was completely wonderful. 
All I have to say, is that Joey is the most incredible husband, and more than I could've imagined. Even with his hectic schedule, he made me feel so important on my special day.

I woke up to a cute sign on our bathroom mirror and a bottle of frizzante in the fridge with such a sweet note. 

When I came home from work, Joey had gotten me flowers (I love fresh flowers!) and made me dinner---crab cakes with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. It was delish! Absolutely awesome. I was so impressed!

And for dessert? He made me chocolate cupcakes with a fudge center and peanut butter frosting! Just like my favorite Chocolate PB Fudge cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake--one of our favorite places to stop by at when we would go to the Temple in Washington DC.

I just love this. Look at his cute package and the drawn on ribbon and bow!

And an awesome gift--these hot new shoes! Gosh I was so surprised when I opened the box; I wasn't expecting something like this at all! Joey knows I've never really had a nice pair of flats and I'd feel guilty buying some for myself, so it was incredibly sweet of him to get these for me. He also got me some beautiful new metal measuring cups that I've been pining for over the past several months. He is too good to me!


Thank you also to my friends and family who texted me or called me, it meant a lot to hear from you! Definitely one of the best birthdays I've had.

Here's to another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...