Friday, November 2, 2012

Some Photos + Some Thoughts

Last week I took Joey on one last date before Power School started---and the majority of our together-time ended. We had a beautiful, windy afternoon in downtown Charleston!


There are two culinary institutes in Charleston, and each have restaurants run by the students as part of their training. Basically, people can go to the restaurant, have a three course meal for less than fifteen dollars (a steal!), and then fill out a survey about the food and service. So we decided to try 24 North Market, the restaurant at the Art Institute. Boy it was wonderful! Talk about delicious. Joey and I loved our southern inspired dishes--perfect portions, perfect flavor, and an unbelievable price.


And for those who love her, here are some photos of our crazy Marley. 
She has a thing about sticking her head in glasses---that kitty sure has no shame!


-----------------------------------------

Like I said, Joey has started Power School, which means I have a lot of time to myself now---and its only going to increase as he gets deeper into his classes and needs to study more. And while he is my whole world and he does so much for me, any power school wife will tell you that during this time, you kind of just have to live your life on your own a little. And this ridiculous abundance of time is leaving me feeling a little useless, lost, and lonely, desperate for purpose and friendship. I am making an effort to fill that time, but those efforts haven't quite yielded a result yet. And I'm having a hard time right now. 
But for now, I'm going to focus on the weekend's arrival, which means spending time with Joey and forgetting those worries for a moment. I don't know what I'd do without that boy. He sure is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...