Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup


A week and a half ago I posted about some of the yummy things we make in an attempt to eat more healthily and cost-effectively, which included my Aunt Jen's recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup. 

And after some requests, here's the recipe!


Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 Cans Chicken Broth (I use about 3 cups water and 3 tsp. chicken bouillon granules. It is cheaper.)
2 Cups Shredded Chicken
1 Cup Chunky Canned Salsa
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Corn, drained
1 Can Black Beans, drained
3 Tbsp Cumin
2 or 3 Cloves Garlic, minced

Cilantro to taste
Cheddar or Jack Cheese
Sour Cream
Tortilla Chips

Put all ingredients except cilantro, cheese, sour cream and chips in the crock pot. Cook for a couple hours on high or simmer for several hours on low. When I made this soup, I also added 1 cup of uncooked, non-instant brown rice to the crock pot--a la Qdoba's tortilla soup. Serve with cilantro, chips, sour cream, and cheese. Joey and I also add lots of hot sauce. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...