Monday, January 26, 2015

Golden Birthday Breakfast

Not only was yesterday Joey's birthday, but it was also his Golden Birthday! I always thought a Golden Birthday was a fun idea and a wonderful way to shower someone with a little extra birthday love, so I was very excited to add some oomph to Joey's 25th. 
  Since his birthday fell on a Sunday and we had church in the afternoon I decided to make Joey a golden birthday breakfast. The weeks before, I spent Curran's naps making gold and glitter birthday signs and a tissue paper garland, stashing supplies in various forgotten corners around the house, and the week of his birthday I blew up a couple dozen balloons, strung them on some yarn and hid them in our spare bathroom with a sign forbidding Joey from entering. Then the morning of his birthday I snuck down stairs after feeding Curran his 5:30am bottle to hang the decorations and fix up Joey's special breakfast.
  As I planned his birthday surprise I looked for anything gold to use, including gold cupcake liners for mini mushroom and spinach quiches. I also decided that since a golden birthday only happens once in a lifetime, it was ok if we had some treats for breakfast, like gold-wrapped candies (25 of each, of course), golden cream soda, and donuts jazzed up with gold food paint. 
[More on that blue piano later!]
Curran loved looking at the sparkly decorations and playing with the balloons, and I loved surprising the greatest guy I know. Ya only get one Golden Birthday and I'm so glad I got to celebrate it with Joey and give him a special, gold and glitter filled day. Hooray for Golden Birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...