Saturday, January 25, 2014

There's a Birthday Boy Over Here.

And its Joey!

Joey's working nights this week, so I planned a little surprise with some streamers, balloons, and a touch of something sweet for when he got home from work this morning.
 Remy also got in on the birthday fun and was extra excited when Joey came home!
 She even donned a party hat to celebrate with the birthday boy! And she actually didn't totally hate it….
 Marley on the other hand…..
(((this is her 'mom! help me!' face)))
And since this morning was technically Joey's evening, I made him a peanut butter pie to enjoy when he got home. Don't sprinkles just make everything more fun?
Birthday boy is sleeping right now, but once he wakes up I'll have a special dinner ready for him before he heads back to work. Once again, shift work makes regular celebrations a tad tricky, but we make it work--and it was so fun to stay up late last night to get things ready for Joey to come home to this morning. 

----------

This guy is the one person that makes me a total cheese-ball, so….

Joey Fleshman, you are just the greatest! I'm so glad I get to be your wife, because you make life so much more fun and amazing and all-around fantastic. You're so funny (I'm cracking up about the "Joey, smile!" incident right now), smart, kind, hardworking, generous, determined, selfless, thoughtful, and pretty darn cute too. I've loved every day with you--all 1,175 of them! And I can't wait for thousands more. I'm grateful for everything you do, from going with less sleep so we can have some extra time together after work, to picking things up for me when I have bad round ligament pain, to secretly doing the dishes because you know they're the bane of my existence. You work so hard to provide for our family and give us everything we need and much of what we want, and I appreciate it so much. You go above and beyond as a husband and you're totally going to kick butt as a dad. I'm really looking forward to raising a little boy that's just like you, right down to the curly hair and precocious yet gentle spunk. I'm honored to tackle the bad days with you and celebrate the good days with you too. Thank you for all you do and for the kind of person you are. I'm one lucky gal to be married to someone as special as you!


Happy birthday, Joey!
Remy, Marley, Baby Bean, and I love you very very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...