Friday, January 24, 2014

154 Days Down: Baby Update.


Hello 22 weeks! It feels great to have surpassed the half way point--its actually going quite fast! Here's how things are going these days---

In case you missed it, we're having a BOY! It was a little surreal at first because we truly felt it was a girl. And to confess, all my life I just pictured myself having a big bunch of girls that I could sew heaps of dresses and bows for. But after some serious googling and getting those creative juices flowing, I've got a substantial list of fun projects for our handsome little man.

And speaking of those projects---I've had a sudden burst of motivation and energy so I've been riding that high and getting as much done as I can before it goes away. In the past week I've sewn two quilts, a handful of leggings, two ring slings, and a couple dozen bandana bibs, and Joey and I thrifted and refinished a dresser for the little bean. Its all working out quite well really--we'll be moving when I'm in the third trimester, which means my last couple months will be focused on resettling and acclimating to a new city, and who knows if Joey will be deploying soon after we move….so basically the next couple months are all I have to really get things done. Good thing I'm feeling so motivated!

The migraines are still going strong but have decreased to about 2-3 a week, so that's good at least!

I lucked out with morning sickness and never really had any vomiting in the first trimester (just really bad nausea), however now the problem is, if I don't eat soon enough when my stomach starts to growl, I end up getting sick! Its frustrating at times when I don't have an appetite (which is more often than not), but it sure is a firm reminder that I need to keep up with snacks and meals. I still have major food aversions, but the past couple weeks I've been craving the chocolate-iest chocolate I can get my hands on.

But despite the constant aches and pains (if its not one thing, its something else!) I'm loving this experience.  We count our blessings and are grateful that so far we haven't had any serious complications or concerns. Everything is going just the way it should and we're very grateful.

Baby has been a groovin' and kickin' a lot more these days. The first time I felt him last month it was just like a little tickle or brush by, but these are full on movements! The first time it happened I freaked out for a second and thought 'Ahh! There's an alien in there!' and then I remembered, oh yeah, they're supposed to do that. Ha and now feeling those little kicks and flips is so addicting, I love it. 


Well, this is the middle of our work week, but I hope everyone else has a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...