Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas at the Fleshman House

I know our moms wanted to see how we've decorated for Christmas, So I thought I'd share some photos and the projects I've been working on for the past few weeks!

Our merry living room--presents already under the tree! Seems a little eager? Well honestly, it just makes life easier because you don't have to work as hard to hide unwrapped gifts from your spouse! And I just love our tree skirt that I made a couple weeks ago--more on that in the next couple days!

Since we don't have a fireplace (or much furniture or storage, really), we got a shelf at Target to put up as a mantle that I can decorate for each season. I painted the stag print last month (and can I brag and say I started it before it became a big thing on Pinterest? thanks ;), and I think it transitions quite well over to Christmas and wintertime. And I love my little pine trees--found them with the miniature village sets at Walmart for less than a dollar!

Finding a nativity was a big challenge. I love the one at my parents' house, and just couldn't find one comparable and for a reasonable price. So I figured that for now, I could find an image on google (check for copyright!) and paint a simple print, and that would work just fine. Though its hard to tell, the nativity is painted in a paynes grey, and the stag in prussian blue.

And what's Christmas decor without a nutcracker? It was another favorite from my parents' house, and luckily I found this handsome guy at Hobby Lobby when they were having a huge sale on everything Christmas! 

Love the idea of tying presents with twine and tags instead of gift bows!

Our bar, with cinnamon pine cones, poinsettias (don't worry, they're fake so we don't kill Marley!), Christmas M&Ms (yum!), and our advent calendar (more details on that to come!).

 And my last project that I just finished yesterday--our stockings! Don't you just love the itty bitty kitten size stocking? I don't know why, but I'm really picky about stocking shape. Luckily, my mom made me a pretty dang good one, so I just traced the stocking she made for me several years ago. Also, to be cost effective, I made the three stockings using mainly leftover fabric from our wedding decorations! I love getting extra use from everything we bought for our nuptials. After putting them together, the last step was stenciling on our names (Font used: EcuyerDAX). I just printed our names on some freezer paper (my new best friend!), used an exacto knife to create a stencil, ironed them on to the stockings, and added the same paynes grey I used for the nativity print.

This may be silly, but I've really looked forward to having our own home and being able to decorate it as much as we want for Christmas. So basically, I am one happy camper right now. And even though its been 75-78 degrees here the last few days, it sure feels like Christmas in our little apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...