Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Negligence

This is what happens when you don't pay attention.

Since I had left over blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries from Mallory's bridal shower, I decided that I would make some yummy triple berry muffins for Sunday breakfast. So Sunday morning I got to it, grabbing the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Now, the vanilla is always at the front of the cabinet, so I grabbed the brown bottle with a red cap, not thinking about it at all. I poured a few drops into the egg and milk mixture, and as I stirred I realized....



.....I had grabbed red food coloring, not vanilla. 

I was not about to waste four eggs and a cup of milk, so I went with it. Yup, I made two dozen pink muffins. Awesome. Joey thought I made them pink on purpose to go with the whole berry thing, but once I told him what happened, he loved those dang muffins even more. The rest of the day I just kept calling them 'loooove muffins' (in the closest Barry White voice I can muster). At least they tasted great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...