Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Navy Blue Lace Dress

Joey and I are taking our engagement photos next month (one month from today, actually!) with the wonderful Brinn Willis of BMW Photography, and we've had too much fun planning our outfits and the props for the shoot.

One of the things I decided I want to wear is a navy blue dress--all lace, knee length, square neck, and 3/4 length sleeves. I can literally see it in my mind right now.

Knowing how much I detest trying to find dresses that fit me right (the line "36-24-36" from Brick House always pops in my mind) and are modest, I had already determined that I would sew my own dress. Not to mention that I haven't seen a dress remotely like what I want anywhere.

And then Kate Middleton came along. Gosh darn it, she really is a style icon!




She's done a blue lace dress--twice!

So here I am thinking I've designed a fairly unique dress, and the princess has beat me to the punch. At least mine will be slightly different (a blue lining instead of white, slightly longer sleeves, and a square neck instead of rounded), so my pride isn't too wounded. ;)

wish me luck in my upcoming sewing adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product- not to mention the pics! I've been thinking about doing a lace dress lately (but cream, not blue) so maybe I'll see how yours goes before I give it a shot. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...