Monday, October 4, 2010

My General Conference Weekend

General Conference was this weekend, and boy was I excited. Its even better going to an LDS school because professors give us a break from homework, and everybody gets together and has potlucks and other fun activities in between sessions. General Conference weekend is the greatest!

....until this year.

saturday afternoon my housemates and I had a mexican dinner with lots of friends. it was so yummy and i was feeling so satisfied and ready to watch the second saturday session.
and then it began.
i was walking out the door and noticed my stomach was starting to hurt. by the time i got to the chapel i felt so sick! i went to the bathroom thinking i was going to throw up, but after 20 minutes of waiting over the toilet, i only felt even sicker. i went back to the chapel and tried to listen, but i only got halfway through one talk when i decided i needed to go home. mallory walked me home and luckily we have byu tv in our apartment so i could watch the rest, but i was too busy throwing up that i didn't really get to watch any of it.
the rest of the night i stayed curled up in a ball on the couch, just begging for the pain to go away and to stop getting sick! Man was it terrible. i hate throwing up! i seriously cry every time. and i threw up like 15 times! needless to say, many tears were shed.
thank goodness i was able to fall asleep and didn't get sick the rest of the night. i woke up sunday morning feeling tired and empty, but the pain had gone away, so i was so grateful! after taking it slow and munching on some crackers and sipping apple juice, i was able to eat an actual meal at dinner, and i think whatever was in my system is finally out. thank goodness!

BUT, my whole point in telling this story, is to share this:


my best friend Mallory made me a video to make me feel better, and it is quite possibly one of my favorite things ever. Your are the best, Mal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...