Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mary Poppins


Well, i am two weeks late in posting...life has been crazy the past couple weeks! I have gone to monticello, New York City, and Washington DC all in the past ten days. What a life! most of my time was taken up by preparations for NYC--i work for travel study so i had to do some extra things for the trip besides getting my own things together. but...

NYC was AMAZING! at first i didn't like the hustle and bustle of the city, but by the end of the trip i was loving it and all of the amazing things i saw. I got to do and see things that some people will only read about in textbooks, like seeing the original Starry Night and going to the metropolitan opera.

so, on to my M List item. The friday i was there i saw Mary Poppins, with the original Mary and Bert. Holy Cow--it was the greatest thing i've ever seen!!! Mary Poppins pulled full floor lamps and plants out of her carpet bag and made a bed appear where there was none! In the big tap number, Step In Time, Bert tap dances on the ceiling. ON THE CEILING! it was so cool. and then at the end Mary Poppins flies right over the audience. I had tears welling up in my eyes i was so excited and happy. I loved every minute of it and hope to see it again. Simply wonderful! I whole heartedly recommend seeing it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...