Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hamsa



First of all, i decided that every tuesday, i want to start posting a favorite item of mine, or photograph, new blog, recipe, etc., and i'm going to call it 'The M List'--you know, how Oprah has 'The O List' for her favorite things!
plus, an old friend did tell me a few years ago that i was like the white Oprah...


One of my favorite things is my Hamsa necklace. The pendant is also called the Hand of Fatima, after the daughter of Muhammed. As I understand it, it has Muslim and Jewish significance, and is worn to defend against the powers of the evil eye. In Judaism, its a physical reminder to use all five senses to worship God.
I don't know why, but it just fascinates me. i absolutely love my necklace, and i love looking at the different pendants and images of them. i've seen some amazing tattoos--and i detest tattoos, so you know it must be pretty beautiful for me to like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...