Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vanilla Cherry Muffins


Alright people, here comes my first recipe post!

This summer I have discovered that muffins are the perfect way to use up fruit that might be a little over ripe, rather than just throwing it away.

So this time, I had a bunch of cherries that were a little too ripe, after I forgot to take them with me when I went to Ohio last week (where I also bought my wedding gown, by the way!). Since groceries in general are ridiculously expensive lately, I couldn't stand to throw them away, especially since I knew they weren't rotten and could still be used for something.

And then it hit me: Muffins.

I looked up a few recipes and eventually came up with my own that I think turned out quite nicely.


Vanilla Cherry Muffins
  • 2 Cups flour
  • 3 tsp. Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
  • 1 cup Milk (plus a splash if batter is too dry)
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla extract (I always eyeball, so it might have been a tad more--I just really like vanilla)
  • 2 cups Pitted and chopped cherries

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease muffin pan.

Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, milk, vanilla, and oil, stirring only enough to dampen the flour (batter should not be smooth). Add the chopped cherries and fold in lightly. Spoon batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...